Jasmine asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 months ago

Would this be good with egg noodles?

Im debating on making egg noodles, with tomato sauce, cut up pieces of chicken, does that sound any good & what spices would go best with it

Favorite Answer

You could use tomato sauce that comes in a jar, that's already seasoned for spaghetti.  That's what I'd do.  And the sauce itself comes in various flavors. (I mean, they're all tomato sauce, but different herbs/spices.)

• denise

That sounds nice, A little salt &pepper and a sprinkle of dried thyme would enhance the dish.

Or, if you have any jarred pesto, a good tablespoonful would pep up the tomato sauce.

• A.J.

If you have fresh or canned chopped tomatoes, it works better than tomato sauce because tomato sauce seems to overpower egg noodles more delicate taste. Chopped onion, and many other vegetables go well, especially with a butter sauce. You can spice with chili or cayenne powder, garlic, black pepper.

If working with tomato sauce, it becomes more southern Italian, and the egg noodles are just a substitute for spaghetti, rigatoni, or pasta shells. Green pepper, oregano, garlic, onion, olive oil, cheeses

Look, i’m not an experienced cook at all, but from my knowledge from what I use, Italian seasoning could be nice or some garlic salt or something like that. Please don’t judge my horrible cooking knowledge.

• abdul

Put whatever you like in it. Make it marinara style. or make it chili style with garlic chili powder and cumin. Make it carbonara style with egg and parmesan and black pepper. Make a basic white sauce and add some parmesan for a alfredo style.

Never ever tey that retars