I’m almost 34, woman, unmarried. I think I’ll give up?

I feel depressed like I failed 

Worked my whole life did degrees everything 

Still can not afford a mortgage or rent 

No husband no kids

What’s the point in carrying on

10 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

There is always tomorrow; besides we never promised you success just a chance at trying for it.  SO ABIG  BOOOO WHOOO! TO "U"!

• 4 weeks ago

If you werent a fat white feminist....

• G R
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

and your question is what

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I had a husband, and I have a child & grandchildren from that marriage. Does this mean I'm a failure. I don't think so, but sometimes I feel that way. I would have loved to of stayed married. I don't like that I have to make all decisions on my own, and find the men I attempt to date nowadays are complete losers. You may have to learn to adapt to being single, more & more people are single nowadays, so you aren't alone in this.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they’re yours. – Richard Bach

• 4 weeks ago

Why would a husband be an achievement that would define you?

You're only 34. There is so much more ahead of you.

• 4 weeks ago

Sounds like you're unwilling to adjust. You have the option of looking for work in the many places where housing is quite affordable. It means having to move, meet new people, make new friends. Some people look at that as an opportunity and are excited about it, some look at it as a burden and are depressed.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There is more to life than marriage and children. Seriously. Not being married and not having children does NOT mean that you are a failure. Do what you can to get ahead in your career. Become involved in doing things you enjoy doing. Develop good friendships.

Perhaps you need to see a therapist.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

maybe you should get some counseling if you feel that way, ive never had a husband or kids myself

• 4 weeks ago

Don't give up. It usually takes two incomes to afford a home. Of course, if you live in California, then you will need a dozen incomes, unless you are a big earning celebrity. Have you thought about moving to a less expensive state?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.