Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 4 weeks ago

It got up to 94 degrees at my house today, is this the start of the "global cooling" that deniers are always going on about? Brrr!?

I should say that I don't believe that the weather at a particular place and time is evidence for or against climate change, but people like Solar Wind seem to think it is.

The Horse troll needs new material--maybe he could try answering the question!!

• Al P

Interestingly, it's the summation of local weather data, over times and coordinates, that provides ever increasing evidence of the atmospheric effect and global warming as predicted by the laws of physics.

For example:

At one station - during the course of a typical clear day - downward solar flux followed a nearly half sinusoidal curve from about 11UTC to 23UTC. A peak of nearly 800 W/m^2 was measured at about 17UTC. Meanwhile, downward IR flux remained fairly steady, 240 W/m^2 to 280 W/m^2, during the course of THAT entire day. When clouds are added to the mix, downward IR flux increases while solar flux decreases, usually. Upward IR flux also had a pattern.

Apparently, Solar Wind does not think the atmosphere emits electromagnetic energy. SW may also believe that atoms and molecules do not emit photons. These ideas are proven wrong daily by station measurements around the world and the laws of physics. Once one gets an appetite for the cool aid, posting colorful cartoons and blog propaganda, their brain is in danger of shrinking to the size of a peanut which, BTW, also emits electromagnetic energy.

• Dirac

LOL, Solar Wind, it's better not to try and refute something that is observed by people worldwide--even without sophisticated instruments. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Global Cooling is on its predicted way and ahead of schedule. Reality is not at your house or in your mind it is world wide.

Recent headlines from around the cold, snowy, globe.

“Polar Pulse” will bring Thundersnow to Southeast Australia”

“And now latest GFS runs appear to be doubling-down on the next and potentially historic bout of biting Arctic air, on course to hit Northern Ireland, Ireland, Scotland and even Northern England later this week”

“New Zealand: MetService warns South Island Farmers to brace for Heavy Spring Snow during Lambing and Calving Season”

“Half of Russia is Buried in Snow

October 19, 2019 -32C lows and 50cm snows…”

“Record-Breaking Cold Ravages South America

October 17, 2019”

• Dirac

Oh my god, 92 yesterday and only 87 today!! Can the glaciers be far behind?

Deneir claims of imminent global cooling have been around for over 15 years, they try to rework the theory every couple of years but the sad fact is there no sign of any cooling trend.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temper...

Deneirs usually try to link this to sunspot activity and link that back to the Little Ice Age, there are several problems with this comparison. The current drop in sunspot activity is nothing like the drop seen during the LIA. Another reference to the LIA is usually talk of the Thames freezing, but these periods are often linked to volcanic activity not solar activity. But actual science doesn’t seem to be a deneir strength.

• JimZ

My house got to 90 but it felt like a 110. My work was about 8 degree hotter. I just went for a walk and I thought i smelled my clothing catch fire and it sure felt like (it sounds like a joke but I really did smell something burning and I instinctively checked my clothes). I didn't enjoy that walk very much and one my coworkers gave me that dreaded are you insane look. It is hot. We just got the asphalt repaved and there is a solar reflector (really just a wall but it felt like a solar reflector) I felt like I was being barbecued walking along that wall. I thought alarmists could predict that it was supposed to be cooling now based on solar output. I don't ask for much but 20 degrees less would be nice. Mornings will be 63 tomorrow when I get up at 4 ish. That is pretty nice. My relatives in South Dakota are gearing up for winter and I'm gearing up for the Sahara.

• Al P

I always keep a DC to AC inverter handy in my car or truck along with a long extension cord. 750 (1500 peak) watts is more than enough to power a standard size refrigerator, LED light bulbs, wifi,
      etc. The refrigerator can be disconnected periodically to free up power for other things.

Dirac is the biggest liar of yahoo global warming. He is an alarmist troll who gets paid to post here. He has multiple sock accounts, including Cowboy and Koshka.

He also made a bet with me. The stakes were the loser leaves Yahoo for good. Dirac refused to show evidence of his "two jobs."

Here's the deal, chief. I called your bluff. You didn't show your hand to everyone. You lost the pot.

• Mike

Its called weather ,not Climate .55 F here now

• Dirac

Oh, you're from Missouri? That explains a lot.

Solar Wind is a woolly sweater salesman