Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

YA rules. Is it allowed on this site to ask what country a person is from... such as "what is your country's favorite food? And if you?

want to, please state that country". (No U.S. answers needed).

• Zirp

no it is not. All questions about the answerer are chat-violations

• .

Think of it this way, if the question can have no true "best" answer, it doesn't belong on YA.

• Daniel

No it is not its a Violation of the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines for Chat

Chat is not Allowed on this Site

Please read the Rule Book

https://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guideline...

I would still answer. If you don't want Americans to answer you only get very few answers. My favorite is a cheese whopper from Brooklyn, NY.

Frankly I've Always thought EVERY damn question is CHAT.

You ask, I answer.............isn't THAT chatting?

and then there's the questions that are supposedly asked by the Yahoo team.......which are often blatant chat questions.........but theirs stay, and mine get deleted.

Seems fair.

• .

Strictly speaking, asking for any sort of personal details is a chat violation because it's not seeking knowledge of interest to the broader Yahoo Answers community. But a lot of times, it depends on the details. For example:

"What color panties are you wearing right now, babe?" [Chat]

"How do you remove an old stump from your back yard?" [Legit question]