eric asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

Will i grow taller anytime soon?

I’m a 17 year old male turning 18 in December & i’m 5’5”. I eat fairly healthy but mostly junk food. My dad is 5’8 and my mom is 5’0. I was wondering if i’m gonna grow any taller or what will be my final adult height. Also is there anything i can do to make myself grow taller a bit more?

The only way to know if you CAN still grow is to have an x-ray of your growth plates. Id they are open, you can still grow.  If they are fused, your bones are done growing.  WHEN a person will grow is impossible to guess. Most males are done growing by age 18 but some do grow into their early 20's.

Your adult height is coded into your DNA before you are born, so there isn't much you can to change that.  You can find of whether or not you might grow more by getting an x-ray.  Your family doctor can order that for you.  

I surpassed both my parents, similar height to yours, and got up to 6'5" by the time I was in Grade 12. You have to also look at your grandparents height, on both sides of the family.