what is a domestic hold ?

my husband got arrested for violating a tpo and a failure to appear for a traffic citation

when i checked on line there is no release date or court date just says domestic hold

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You really should be talking to his lawyer because as you can see from the answers it does vary by state. Since he has not been released domestic hold probably relates to domestic violence which would me related the the TPO. The traffic citation is probably the least of his worries at the moment.

• 1 month ago

i would call the dmv and ask them this question

• davidmi711
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I am sure the TPO violation is more likely causing the hold than the FTA for the citation.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In MY State it means he's been charged with domestic violence and is being held without bail/bond.

• 1 month ago

Well you are going to have to wait until the next traffic court date. Failure to appear is considered contempt of court. You can either wait for the next hearing which will be about 30 days. Or you can plead guilty to the traffic offense and pay whatever fine is required. And then ask for the person's release. It's not a good idea to miss Court it means a bench warrant and that means that you'll have to set there until the person sees the judge there is no bond.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Where I live, it means house arrest. It's the term for when someone is sent home and given an ankle monitor to make sure they don't leave except maybe to go to work. Maybe it says that because that's what they're going to do with him but it just hasn't been processed yet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.