Is "you only live life once" a good attitude?

There are so many things I wanna do. I've got a dilemma. I've got my dream job but my dream job restricts some other things I wanna do. I wanna stretch my ears a little but that could cause me to loose my dream job. What should I do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Keep your job.  Self-mutilation is not worth it. 

• 3 weeks ago

If it is for something positive it is, if it is for stupid pointless fun it's not.

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on what that means to you. If it means doing stupid things and risking your life unnecessarily...nope.

If it means doing what you want in general, yes. Keep in mind that life is a marathon and not a sprint.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

your call. If your wants are in conflict, you have to decide which meeans more to you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I mean, sure, to an extent. But it really depends on what you're living for. You've worked hard to get where you are and, presumably, you love what you do. Is modifying your body worth putting your career in jeopardy? Particularly when the modification isn't religious/spiritual/culturally significant?

I have body mods. My career doesn't allow them and, guess what? They get taken off/covered up at work. And I don't get more because, while I'm only living once, I need food, shelter, and air conditioning to sustain myself. Just something to consider.

• Luna-Grace4 weeks agoReport

Thank you for this! Really puts things into perspective

• 4 weeks ago

Yes it is a good attitude

• 4 weeks ago

Don't worry about it. That's all bulIshit.

• Vicki
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I mean, yes YOLO is a god attitude. But to a degree. If one thing that's insignificant will impact something significant than don't do it?

• 4 weeks ago

I had a good job but quit because I wanted to stretch my legs.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Dream job is more important than stretching one's ear lobes, dear.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.