Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 months ago

If a wife expects her husband to keep intimacy and sex inside the marriage BUT withholds intimacy and sex to manipulate, is an affair okay?

When you get a good answer for that let me know. Mine shut me off cause I call making love, sex a 3 letter word. 7 years later I'm ready to find some intimacy else ware.

Address why she is withholding sex, for most women(not all) If her emotional needs aren’t being met than she’s definitely not going to want to be intimate with you. If you love your wife you will want to know what is bothering her. Ask yourself what makes her feel loved and do those things. But stepping outside of your marriage is selfish and will only distance her further.

Yes, of course. Marriage is an outdated concept these days anyways.

its an oxymoron situation that you describe. its very likely that intimacy would be looked for elsewhere

Why bring someone else into YOUR problem? That’s not right. Just divorce. Have some morals.

Not as far as I'm concerned.

That's like if I have an infected wound, and I'm asking if it's okay to take painkillers and cover it up with a long coat. No. Address the problem. Go to counseling and try to work out what is going on. Or if that doesn't work, get a divorce. An affair doesn't fix anything.

• Burgoo

For the wives that is always ok but never for the husbands

It’s never ok. If you’re not happy, have communicated your feelings and possibly considered counseling, bail out. There are women out there who’d treat you better, and you don’t have to be dishonest.

Don't worry about it, you will never have a gf or a wife.

it is unequal inequitable relationship cannot last long