There are laws preventing a husband from abusing a wife.?

But there is no law preventing the wife from spending all the money while he is at work. In my opinion, that is abuse. 

Sure there are. It's called having prenup and keeping your finances separate (as a lot of married couples do). If this husband doesn't (for whatever reason) wish to divorce this irresponsible person he chose to marry he'll need to set up separate bank and credit card accounts that only he has access to. More than one spouse has been sued by another during a divorce for improper use of marital assets. But ultimately she can't spend money she doesn't have access to. So set things up correctly and then she'll only have her own paycheck to waste.

• Tina

Well, if she does the shopping (as women usually do) and the cooking (ditto) I hope she charges him for his half of the food and domestic services such as cooking and cleaning (still not halved between husband and wife even if both are working for pay outside the home).

God’s law prevents either spouse from abusing one another. Take some time out to read and meditate on Colossians 3:19,Titus 2:4,& Colossians 3:18 Also without offending, it might be a good idea to start a bible study. As one of over 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses, we conduct free home bible studies. I would recommend you inquire at JW.ORG

So, get independent bank accounts for both husband and wife. Separate sources of money. Problem solved.

that;s called apples and oranges. not related.

• KTJoe

Does wife spend money on household items, furniture, food, pet food how about clothes for you and her. Do you still think abuse?

Seems you’ll need to schedule an appointment with a financial advisor to safeguard her spending. They’ll be able to suggest ways to do this. I’d start by destroying credit cards.

• Tina

I do not believe in in these women who sit at home spending their husband's money - unless they spend it on household necessities, such as food.

• Linda

I agree with you. Both are wrong.

The money is jointly owned. If 1 partner isn't behaving as the other would like, they need to have a discussion about it.

• mmm

yes money and physically hurting a person are the very same thing

• .

If a husband doesn't want his wife spending "his" money, then he needs to open a bank account where his wife's name is not on it. There's also no law against a husband spending his wife's money.