Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Whenever I eat beans or pasta and rice, my stomach gets bloated. Also, it occurs when I'm drinking milk. What is wrong with me?

Actually it's quite normal to get gas from eating beans. Some foods are like that.

If you start with fresh beans (not canned) you can "de-gas" them by dropping them into boiling water for about a minute and turn off the heat. Then let them sit for a while in the water...maybe fifteen minutes. Then empty the water and cook the beans however you would have in the first place.

And if you are lactose intolerant, milk can also cause you to have gas. Try drinking lactose free milk, like Lactaid, and see how that works for you.

Yo don't digest those for various reasons. You can easily live avoiding those. Or spend time and money for a blanket IBS diagnosis. You are lactose intolerant, gluten sensitive, and beans aggravate your digestive system. You might have diverticulitis. I'm not your Dr. To feel way better, do without and ant additional foods that affect you.

• Chris

Maybe you are eating too much? Often, bloating is caused by irritable bowel syndrome, a condition that affects a staggering one in seven Britons (caused by an oversensitive gut, it leads to problems with bowel function and can trigger bloating, as well as cramps, constipation or diarrhoea).