Is it unsafe to drink apple cider vinegar?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It's not unsafe, but the apple cider vinegar due to the acidity may erode the enamel of your teeth. If you drink large quantities of apple cider vinegar, this may decrease potassium levels in the body. Some people choose to add tea or water to the apple cider vinegar to slightly dilute to not make it as potent.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Only in large amounts

2 or 3 onces a day won't hurt

Some people use it as a diet aid

Some say 1 ounce 30 minutes before a meal supresses your appitite while others say you should drink it after a meal to help digestion

Neither is proven

• 3 weeks ago

Drinking of raw or concentrated apple cider vinegar is not safe for good health.

You should add one table spoon of apple cider vinegar (ACV) into a glassful of water in the morning to burn extra belly fat. Always use diluted apple cider vinegar for getting best results in weight loss, acne problem, digestion problem, lowers blood sugar level, lowers cholesterol, and improve heart health.

• 4 weeks ago

Probably not; we put vinegar in vinaigrette salad dressing for example. But yech, how could you stand it? Eeeeeew.

• tough guy3 weeks agoReport

I'm not talking about using it as a sald dressing. I'm talking about drinking it as if it were any other drink

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

A little bit will not hurt but a lot could upset your stomach and make you sick.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

See, they have these things called 'labels', and you read them..........

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It is acidic. It is a Con, it is fermented apples not a medicine. It is supposed to be used as a salad dressing. Drinking it will burn your throat and gut. The manufacturers should be prosecuted.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's a safe as drinking lemon juice.

• tough guy3 weeks agoReport

oh really? did you ever drink a glass of apple cider vinegar?

• 4 weeks ago

It's safe, but may cause mild stomach upset in large quantities.

Drinking it provides no health benefits.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Well, I knew 2 people that drunk apple cider vinegar on a regular basis, one had problems with her throat and ended up seeing her doctor who told her to stop drinking it and the other person I knew died ( not saying it was apple cider vinegar that caused his death but it seems to me it didn't help).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.