Kira asked in PetsRodents · 3 weeks ago

I think my rat is dying. She is four. I want to know of any ways to make her more comfortable. Any help welcomed. My sister wont let her go.?

My rat is dying. She is with her sister rat. Ive never had an animal where i can say goodbye and make them comfortable. Im not a bad pet owner theyve just passed in their sleep. I want to make my rat baby comfortable. She is very lethargic and depressed and wont let me or her sister touch her, but starts screaming when she is alone. She cannot walk normally anymore and her vet wont be in office for a week so euthanizings not an option until we find a new vet. Any advice to make her comfortable?

She just had a seizure. Sorry for kinda spamming. Rat owners please help. I hate seeing her in pain.

• zeno

Life ends and she needs to accept it and

Slowly grasp it is leaving and will not return.

Now to lower the regrets hold it pet it let

It out side to enjoy itself. Give it as much

Happiness as you can. I walked my cute

Little chihuahua off leash most of his life

Just so he could run and play and experience

As much fun as he could. He passed away

A few months ago. I still wish I could have

Given him more but I did all I could for him

And took the body to be cremated so no

Other dogs could dig up the body or harm

It in any way. I still miss him. I should have

Taken more photos of him. That is one of

My regrets. Good luck

If you want to euthanize her, put her in a closed system tank (no air can escape) and turn on the carbon dioxide. The carbon dioxide will put her to sleep and after she falls asleep, she’ll asphyxiates so she’ll feel no pain. It’s less painful than a needle injection.

• Kira3 weeks agoReport

Thank you. I really appreciate the help :,(

Mouse to mouse resuscitation.

• Kira3 weeks agoReport

No I just want to help her go peacefully. No resuscitation. Just peace until she crosses the rainbow bridge.

Why do you have a pet rat? Let it die, mourn, and get a damn dog. I apologize, didn’t mean to offend. I just think of rats as dirty and carrying disease. I’m glad you love animals.

• Kira3 weeks agoReport

I am an animal person. I have 2 rats, 5 dogs, and a rabbit and gerbil recently passed.