Why are there left-handed people?

They should not exist, right handed is the obvious way to go. No need for a left handed ladle.

It makes baseball more interesting. And we drive righties crazy watching us write upside down.

Ambidextrous is actually superior. And I'm right handed. With right-handed, I can only draw with my right hand. With left handed, my one friend can only draw with his left. With ambidextrous people, they can draw with both!

Just for curiosity, what on earth has this question to do with Astronomy & Space?

There is no need for clueless, stupid people but you're here none the less

Since only 10% of the people are left handed, there are some hypothesis and is a common believe between molecular biologists, that there could be a genetic mutation or a deviation within the genetic network.

Because of hand preference when you start developing as a a human. It happens with dogs too!

It's all based on which hand the baby "likes" more when they start growing up. It's just that most babies choose their right instead of their left!

• Clive

What does this have to do with astronomy and space?

We live in a paired biology, equal pairs of chromosomes, pair of eyes, ears, lungs, arms, legs. left and right half brains.

Early development, one hand develops more usefulness making it the dominant.

Left half of the brain more controls the right side,,or the opposite.

A bit of genetics involved, not hereditary.

One can be right handed and left eye dominant.

Some can be ambidextrous, using either equally well.

Imagine yourself living in a world where most are left handed and products to suit.

Well I have a Left handed Screw driver

• John

Me, I don't think that's especially humorous.