I have symptoms of an STI, what should I do?

I recently contracted something from a partner and I know this because it is very painful every time I urinate now and I also developed a pimple on the side of my penis, which is unusual for me. I scheduled an appointment for an STI screening but it's in a whole week and it's difficult to live with the pain every day. My first question is what are these symptoms of? Could it be as minor as a urinary tract infection or something serious such as herpes? Secondly, is there anything I can do to make the pain of urinating go down? I've been taking Cystex and drinking lots of fluids but it doesn't seem to help much. And lastly, will the infection become worse if I go without prolonged treatment? I'm seriously thinking about going to the hospital at this point even though I have no insurance...

Don’t go to the hospital, simply go to a walk in urgent care, they will test and treat or a county STI clinic

If you have an STI or a UTI it is very unlikely to impossible (depending on the infection) that your body will sort it out on its own. You need proper treatment. Make an appointment with a doctor, simple as that. There isn't much else you can do in the meantime.