Ben
Ben asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

For vehicles coming out in advance of the calendar year, did this occur before 2000 as well as even in the 1920s and 1960s?

a) yes

b) no

When you answer, can you give me an explanation?

• Joseph

Sure.  My father bought a 1983 Chevrolet Caprice Classic in September 1982 and a 2002 Toyota Sienna in December 2001.  I bought a 1990 Ford Bronco II in November 1989.

You asked this several weeks ago and were given an answer. Repeat questions violate the TOS.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

• ?

Yes. It goes back to the 1950's and probably in the 1940's and before. Not counting 1941 to 1945 where NO automobiles were made, just trucks and military vehicles. The annual model change would occur in the late Summer, July or August. The auto plants would shut down and new equipment would be brought in to make the new style of the autos. Thus, the new vehicles would be brought to the auto sales rooms in September or October.

• .

I'm sure it did because vehicle manufactures rarely sell directly to consumers (unlike Tesla). Their products get ordered by dealers, often tweaked/upgraded a bit, and then put on the lot for sale. So anything that came off the assembly line in Dec. is likely to be labeled with the next model year.