Can a white kid be named Cedric or Terrence?

The names are culturally European. Cedric and Terrence are both French names. One is derived from a Germanic name while the other is derived from a Latin name, so we're not talking LaQuan or Jaqari here, but still the names are used primarily if not exclusively by black people in the US.

• blank

Of course they can.

They work for any race in my opinion.

by the way I know a lot of Cedrics

Um, yes. Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter?!?!

Yes, they can be named either of those.

Ofc. Names have no race or gender imo

• Jose

Of course.

I really like the name Cedric.

Robert Pattinson played a character named Cedric Diggory, and the name didn't seem awkward on him. The character (albeit an animation) Terry (Terrence) McGinnis was white. If you Google image search the names Terrence and Cedric you will find both black and white people with the name, though like you said it is a bit more popular with blacks guys.

Other: a white actor name Taran Noah Smith (from Home Improvement), white actor Taron David Egerton... though Terren to me, sounds good on both blacks and whites... there are names like that - which seem fitting on either -- such names like: Derek, Marcus, Shawn, Travis...etc..

And?

__________

It seems to me that you have answered your own question.