7th grade English question plz help! Which sentence contains an adverbial clause?

Which sentence contains an adverbial clause?

Group of answer choices

The smell of rotten meat was something we stopped noticing after a while.

The town where I was born was built beside a meat-packing factory.

The factory owner, who immigrated from Germany, hired mostly immigrants in the early days.

Later, it seemed that nearly everyone who lived in the town worked at the factory.

adverb - modifies (describes) a verb, adjective or another adverb

1) The smell of rotten meat was something we stopped noticing after a while.

the smell - noun, subject

of rotten meat - prepositional phrase, describes subject so acts as an adjective

was - verb

something - object

we stopped noticing after a while - clause; describes the object (so acts as an adjective); implied conjunction "that" at beginning

we - subject of the clause

stopped noticing - verb of the clause

after a while - describes verb so acts as an adverb; prepositional phrase (not a clause)

2) The town where I was born was built beside a meat-packing factory.

The town - subject

where I was born - clause; describes subject, so: acts as an adjective

was built - verb

beside a meat-packing factory - tells where the subject was built, so describes the verb, so acts as an adverb. However: this is a prepositional phrase rather than a clause

3) The factory owner, who immigrated from Germany, hired mostly immigrants in the early days.

The factory owner - subject

who immigrated from Germany - clause, describes the subject, so acts as an adjective

hired - verb

mostly immigrants - subject

in the early days - describes when the hiring occurred, so acts as an adverb, but is a prepositional phrase rather than a clause

4) Later, it seemed that nearly everyone who lived in the town worked at the factory.

Later - adverb, describes the verb "seemed", not a clause

it - subject

seemed - verb

that nearly everyone who lived in the town worked at the factory - clause, describes the subject "it" and so acts as an adjective

nearly everyone - subject of the clause

who worked in the town - yet another (inner) clause, describes the subject of the outer clause, so acts as an adjective

worked - verb of the clause

at the factory - prepositional phrase describes the verb, but not a clause

So

NONE of the clauses in those sentences acts as an adverb.

P.S. Note: the last sentence, MAYBE the "outer" clause is an adverb rather than an adjective.

I'm having trouble deciding (which is very unusual for me).

It helps to sort of reduce the sentence to see how this works. For example: the sentence

It seems right.

Does "right" describe "it" - in which case it is an adjective

or does it describe how "it" seems (i.e. describes the verb) - in which case it is an adverb.

If you said

I work hard

then we have an adverb.

So: I retract my previous conclusion

and answer: the fourth sentence has an adverbial clause.

The adverbial clause is

- that nearly everyone who lived in the town worked at the factory