Jenny
Lv 6
Jenny asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 months ago

Why can I gain weight so much quicker than lose it?

I'm a low fat person, nearing essential fat levels and this may be the reason.  I just came back from vacation where I took a week off exercise and didn't eat as carefully.  Mind you, I didn't go hog wild and still ate mostly a healthy diet but I did have a few beers and ate in restaurants which I rarely do.  I ate burgers, a lot of Asian food and did not count calories.  

I gained about 2 kilograms.  Now, when cutting and being extremely careful with calories and exercise, I lose about 1/2 a kilo per week.

So, long question short, is this a function of me being very low fat to begin with and my body wants to store more fat, or is just my normal genetics?  Or both?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

When we diet to lose weight, we reduce the content of fat cells . . . but the fat cells don't go away, they shrink. And they're there, waiting to suck-up water & weight again at the moment.

• amy
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Restraurants use high calorie ingredients. 0.5kg is fast weight lose. Losing weight fast is not healthy. You dont want to lose any quicker then that.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Often an increase of salt put weight on. So drinking a lot may need to happen first.

Pray to GOD for help. 

Drink lots of vegetable and fruit juices, full strength. More nutrition helps stop the urges to over eat. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.