Jenny
Lv 6
Jenny asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Why can I gain weight so much quicker than lose it?

I'm a low fat person, nearing essential fat levels and this may be the reason.  I just came back from vacation where I took a week off exercise and didn't eat as carefully.  Mind you, I didn't go hog wild and still ate mostly a healthy diet but I did have a few beers and ate in restaurants which I rarely do.  I ate burgers, a lot of Asian food and did not count calories.  

I gained about 2 kilograms.  Now, when cutting and being extremely careful with calories and exercise, I lose about 1/2 a kilo per week.

So, long question short, is this a function of me being very low fat to begin with and my body wants to store more fat, or is just my normal genetics?  Or both?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

When we diet to lose weight, we reduce the content of fat cells . . . but the fat cells don't go away, they shrink. And they're there, waiting to suck-up water & weight again at the moment.

• amy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Restraurants use high calorie ingredients. 0.5kg is fast weight lose. Losing weight fast is not healthy. You dont want to lose any quicker then that.

• amy
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

You dont really want to lose quicker then that its unhealthy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Often an increase of salt put weight on. So drinking a lot may need to happen first.

Pray to GOD for help. 

Drink lots of vegetable and fruit juices, full strength. More nutrition helps stop the urges to over eat. 

• Jenny
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

I don't overeat and fruit juice is basically pure sugar without the fiber in the fruit.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.