Who was the best member of The Beatles?

• lj1

George Harrison. He wrote most of my favorite Beatles songs.

• Nick

There is no Beatles without John Lennon. So you know the answer.

Paul McCartney because I thought his work with Wings was the best outside of anything the Beatles done on their own.

There is no 'best'. Well, there WAS Pete Best...

People have their personal favorites. As a group, they were a group. As solo artists, I preferred McCartney''s output of the 1970s.

I would have to say Paul McCartney

I can't say who was the best, but I think the most underappreciated was George Harrison.

• Killmouseky

Based on the band interactions in the "Let It Be" film, & the fact that he released a powerful double + album by the end of the year after McCartney announced he was leaving, I have to agree with you.

none...................

• John

McCartney had by far the most success after the breakup. I take that as a lot, others don't think it means so much.

• Killmouseky

Well, Lennon dropped out to be a father for 5 years, then was murdered shortly after he started recording again. Harrison also took several years off in the 1980's for the same reason.

Paul mccartney is the best

• Bee V2

Ringo________________