Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

I ate a tiny amount of raw hamburger that has been sitting out for 2 days, will I get food poisoning?

My reason for doing this is having a compulsive eating disorder, no food or money, brain damage, and being blinded by hunger pains after eating nothing for 3 days. But it was just about a teaspoon i found left on the ground beef wrapper and it didn't stink and the outside had dried into jerky but the other unexposed part was raw and gummy and it was still a tiny bit red but also brown. I am mentally ill and do impulsive things and do things like this where i can't comprehend cause and effect so please dont remind me that i am stupid

Im scared now and its been about 9 hours and I'm not throwing up or anything but if I do get food poisoining will I have to go to the hospital or will it go away on its own

• Linda

If it's been 9 hours and it was just a tsp., then you're probably ok. If you have compulsive eating problems, then you need to see a specialist.

Perhaps, but the quantity makes a huge difference. You will probably be okay.

• kelvin

nope you will be fine

Meats can start developing Salmonellas after just two hours. There are 29 types last I checked. They can attack anywhere from soon to 22 days later. 

Have you thought, even done, Praying to GOD for help here?  GOD did send us here to test us, so this is up to us to decide. 

listeria , E coli , campylobacter , enterococcus , botulism , vibrio , salmonella , cryptosporidium , etc .

the CDC estimates 3,000 will die from food poisoning this year .

The amount is so small that it is unlikely to give you anything worse than some diarrhea.

If you are still around after 9 hours (not vomiting, no stomach cramps), then it was OK.

dont even bother asking, just wait. if you die, you die. oh well.