Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Excessive vaginal discharge?

I have severe health anxiety so I'm almost certain this is ovarian or cervical cancer.

Past two weeks I'll have a few days of A LOT of discharge. Needing to change underwear. I was ovulating two weeks when it began but now I'm not. Its sticky, lots of it and no smell. I'm 29 years old. I hadn't had any in a few days so I'm now scared again. Been to doctors today for infection swabs but I'm terrified it's cancer. 

• Edna

You don't have cancer; you probably have a yeast infection. Cervical or ovarian cancer doesn't present with vaginal discharge, not until it's very FAR advanced (and not always even then). If you had cancer that was far enough advanced to be causing excessive vaginal discharge, you would be so sick and feel so bad that you would know you have cancer.

• Linda

Thick discharge does not mean you have any kind of cancer. You could have a yeast infection.

you don't have cancer, Is that even a symptom of ovarian or cervical cancer? Just your body doing what it has to do probably.

• Gert

Call your gyno and see what's wrong. I don't think it's anything serious.

• Byrd

Not a symptom of cancet

I would assume you would be seeing abnormal bleeding with cervical cancer or cancer of that region... also some women report an abnormal smell or pelvic pain. I do not think you have anything to worry about.

• Robin

its NOT cancer .........................................