Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Why dont guys like me?

I am not so ugly... sometimes guys stare at me for a while but they never approach me. Or if they do, it's not the kind of guys I want. I think they dont like my personality, I am kinda shy, sweet and not so 'posh' as other girls. I am simple, I like music, outdoors, books and poetry but I am not that kind of girl that screams  with her friends when she's happy. This summer the guy I liked stared at me but he didn't speak at all. The were other ones helping me to get on the ship and smiling at me but I was just... too awkward to talk to them. I contacted the guy I like but he didn't view my messages (I didn't use my name). I am so sad. I feel like all the guys want those vain, spoiled girls.... I wish one day he'll have a girlfriend who will use him, spent all his money, eat at the restaurant and be on  her phone instead of talking to him, who will pay the bill, betray him and have kids with him and wont let him see them. Since he doesn't want  a girl like me but prefers other ones... we're just too different. And the difference of other girls will be easily accepted by him.

hilarious ............

• Zirp

How the bleep would we know?

A) If you're shy, it's difficult to meet people in general. You might have to go out more and socialize. Smile and have open body language so you look more approachable.

B) If you're really young and still in school, things will probably turn around for you. So just be patient. Men's tastes change as they become wiser and more mature. Once they want a real girlfriend or wife, they won't concentrate so much on bimbos.

That's because you sound like a feminazi...

• Bill

Guys don't want me!

You know, if you don't count all those guys that keep approaching me.

lol

Anyway.

10% of men approach women regularly.

80% of men approach women rarely.

10% of men never approach women.

If you're trying to get one of those guys in the last group you have no chance to get them to approach no matter what you look like or what you do. If you're trying to get one of the guys in the 80% group then you need to give off the impression that you're approachable and generally open to them. If you're looking for a guy from the first group then most likely you don't have to do anything, but being more outgoing and wearing make up would be a boost. Of course, with that group you're going to have a lot of competition so your chances of losing is high.

• Fusion

If guys knew how vindictive you are then they'd stay away because of that, but it sounds more like the reason they don't talk to you is because you don't give them a sign that you're open to it. Nice people don't want to bother people who look like they don't want to be bothered, so if guys are staring at you then they're probably looking for you to give them a sign that you might be open to talk, making eye contact with them and smiling might be enough if you're too shy to start the conversation yourself after you notice that they might be interested in you.

If you don't do even that then the only people who will approach you will be the ones who don't care about whether they're bothering you and in that case chances are that most of them won't be nice people.

Next you really need to think about your vindictiveness, would you want to date someone who wishes the worst for others? Would you want to date someone who might one day wish that bad things happened to you? Probably not and neither would other people, so try to become the type of person you'd want to date and after that chances are that you'll find other (nicer) people starting to show an interest in you, because they would also want to date that type of a person.

Try smiling back at guys that smile at you. If a guy thinks he'll be rejected, he's not going to approach you.

Guys do like you, you just won't give the ones that approach you a chance and won't approach the ones you

• Ramona

Well, you kind of said the huge part which is, you're too shy when they come around. Shy people shrink back when a guy looks at them giving off the very strong message "don't approach".

The kind of guys you like needs very clear message that it's okay to approach and the girls you mention who are posh give off that clear open message that they are interested in.

You honestly can't be mad at these girls who only issue to you is that they can do what you won't (it's not that you can't turn on the charm, it's that you won't).

They guys who do approach you are encouraged by your shyness as shy girls are more eager to please/talk to and the bit of you shrinking back is a nice challenge to them.

If you want to get the guy you like, the vain guy, you need to tap into your vainness. Study the girls who get the kind of guy you want. So far you know how they dress with makeup, now look to see how they flirt and act.

I'm not saying to be someone other than yourself but the truth is, you are not meant to be shy, shyness is a vice holding you back. Get over being shy and work on you to get what you want.

Good luck!