Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

Is obsessive-compulsive disorder funny to you? Why do some mock me?

for stupid things I do which I cannot control. ? It's an embarrassing disorder for me lately. 

I post on History cause I wanna know if there were great people who suffered the same

Some mock out of ignorance and fear. Mockery comes in two main forms: friendly kidding for inclusion (we know you are like that, you are one of us, and we don't care, so let's get it out in the open and move past it), and hate-filled denigration for exclusion (you are not one of us, and this is a way we can declare it openly, but you would not be one of us even if you did not have this thing we mock). They mock to make themselves feel superior somehow, not realizing that the hateful mockery shows them to be inferior people.

Some people are hateful or insecure and can only feel better about themselves by lowering others.

• Ludwig

I don't know. Is something you do particularly amusing? Tell us what it is. If it is just going back to check you have locked the front door half a dozen times, that is not particularly funny to people.

On the other hand, if you insist on wiping your bottom for half an hour each time you go to the potty, and using several rolls of paper in the process - yes, we might find that funny. It depends how you tell it.

Some people don't know what to say so use humor as a sh*try coping mechanism.

• Jason

It's a horrible disorder, I suffer it myself, I am prone to hand-washing a lot. It's not funny.

no not to nne rjj

I do find it funny, but I have it myself. Its funny how the human mind can work, not because I think people are stupid.