Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

period gone wild, wtf?

for the 5 years I've had it, my period has always come between the 1-3rd of the month, with one day of cramping before and then cramps throughout the first two days and none on the final (third) day. I knew it to a T and it was great but now it's gone a little crazy.

about four months ago it came twice in the same month, skipped one and since then it just comes whenever it wants, usually twice in the same month w/o skipping now. I have cramps ALL THE TIME no matter how close or far away the period is and when they're at their worst I get really bright purple/red lines and blotches all up my thighs and lower stomach. they look like stretch marks but they vanish when im not cramping so I know it isn't that, plus they're very very purple so they're the wrong colour.

I also can't "treat" the period how I used to be able to with heat packs and painkillers, nothing helps at all and it's so painful that it makes me cry, I have a very high pain threshold so it's unusual.

I haven't changed my diet, I'm 16 so I'm not involved in any sexual activity, I haven't changed my exercise and I haven't taken any meds/ stopped taking any? I'm stumped!

I think you need to go to see a doctor they will know. Or if you live in the USA save up for the next ten years so you can afford to go and see a doctor