Now that I’ve proven that winners and losers are chosen rather than earned, what defense is left for income inequality?

I was an introverted, conventional looking team player. I ALWAYS came in early, stayed late or cake in on a day off whenever I was asked. I always did the most work, usually the work load of several people. Managers would fight over me to get me on their shifts.

But when when came to promotion, I always got passed over. I got the most outrageous excuses too. I was getting strung along. Manipulated. And always told my reaction to mistreatment justified being mistreated in the first place. But the next one to be promoted was always someone who just started and did nothing special.

No one has ever found fault with this and instead try to plant doubt in my mind. Try to make me think what happened to me wasn’t wrong.

How are extroverted managers stringing an introverted worker along as a workhouse any different than a leech sleeping on your couch? Is there any defense for income inequality?

• Elana

You have proven NOTHING. You need to understand the difference between anecdotal information and statistics.

• Zirp

According to socialists, dirty/dangerous work should pay more than other jobs

According to many capitalists, people with more education should be paid more than others

According to Communists, people should receive according to their needs (people with disabilities should receive things to help them lead a normal life)

" Now that I’ve proven "

Where? What are you on about? Cite a reference at least, drop a link. Do you realize how much hourly traffic this website has? Not trying to be offensive but you sound mentally unstable, that's probably why you didn't qualify for promotion, they can't have nutters steering the ship.

Maybe they decided not to promote you because you were a 'bit of a hothead' in their opinions and had an 'attitude problem', as well as a victim complex.Eg: My sibling recently had someone resign under him just because he told her "she had to reel in her emotions, not be so confrontational". She couldn't even handle that verbal warning, left lots of threats and abuse, now pursuing unfair dismissal despite quitting. Good riddance to bad rubbish basically. Very black and white views you're presenting here. Managers have seniors pressurizing them amidst a minefield of decision making, they stand more chance of losing their employment than you. Spare a thought for your poor seniors and show some empathy.