Diarrhea 36+3days pregnant ?

Sorry for the gruesome details but I've had the runs the last two days and I'm currently 36+3days pregnant! Can this be sign that labour is near? 

No.

There are no signs that labor is near. Labor just happens. Also no reason to be careful. Nothing you do can send you into labor anyway.

• Byrd

No....................

As a seasoned mom and nurse epidemiologist, I know only too well how bad we want the whole thing to be over and live happily ever after! OK, a little theatrical here!

The diarrhea is not on the list of "whats next?" before baby comes. Be mindful of what is going on enough to keep your nurse informed. When I was a clinical nurse, I would get a lot of calls from our patients. Nurses are more available to talk to, can make plans with you and document whats going on.

Be ever so careful from now until the 40th week of gestation. I know you feel miserable and the likes but, the baby is getting ready for its new life too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-CuPnhJSbo

Youtube thumbnail

POLKADOT ENTERTAINER

MOTHER, WIFE

No, diarrhea is the body's way of flushing out contaminants of some kind, not delivering a baby. Her are the most common causes:

a food intolerance, such as lactose intolerance.

a food allergy.

an adverse reaction to a medication.

a viral infection.

a bacterial infection.

an intestinal disease.

a parasitic infection.