do you prefer to put honey or brown sugar in your teryiki chicken when cooking it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

I use brown sugar, soy sauce and pickling spices in my recipe for teriyaki chicken.

Actually, itโ€™s not my recipe, itโ€™s from a very famous restaurant in Los Gatos, California, which I learned at a cooking school I helped run from one of our Chefs who worked at that restaurant for many years.

If Iโ€™m being lazy and not using that recipe I use Soy Vay Teriyaki sauce, which is made in my area and is amazing.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I usually add honey, or sweet chili sauce to give sweet and spicy!

• 1 month ago

Teriyaki Chicken is a super easy chicken recipe cooked in 10-minutes. The Best Teriyaki Beef Meatballs, ... Soy sauce (use a light soy to reduce the sodium content); Sugar (white is the preferred sugar used in a traditional Teriyaki sauce, however I prefer using brown sugar).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Either one is a good alternative to the traditional white sugar. I have a slight preference for honey.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do you "PREFER" to put honey or brown sugar in your teryiki (teriyaki ) chicken when cooking it ?

the recipe i use calls for HONEY 1 1/2 tablespoons ... what i use

if due to human error i have no Honey ..

. Brown sugar is a acceptable alternative

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.