Does a warning from a pull over situation go on your record? Will I get mailed something?

I’m stressing out because I got pulled over for changing the song on my phone at a red light, but just received a warning because the officer assumed I was a college student who couldn’t afford a ticket, which he was right :,) he took my license and did stuff on his device and 5 minutes later said I was okay to go. Did this warning go on my record and will I get mailed something for this? Do I have to put this incident on upcoming job applications when they ask if I’ve ever gotten in trouble with the law??

If the officer let you off with a warning, it WAS NOT because they assumed you can't afford it.

What the officer did on the 'device' was run your license to check for outstanding warrants.

A verbal warning only appears in the officers log, not anyone's record.

• Ben

Nah. Applications would only ask if you've received a ticket (if that, and it depends on the job), which this isn't.

changing the song on my phone at a red light, but just received a warning because the officer assumed I was a college student who couldn’t afford a ticket, which he was right :,) he took my license and did stuff on his device and 5 minutes later said I was okay to go. Did this warning go on my record and will I get mailed something for this? Do I have to put this

Nothing will come of it. It does not go on your record. You will not get anything in the mail.