Roast beef !?

I cooked a roast sirloin in my slow cooker sooo good anyways I left it out on plates and some gravy for about 2 hours ,just under then but the cooled/ luke warm meat in ziplock bags with the air out and rolled and taped tight too , will my meat be ok ? Never froze anything homemade before o.O 

• denise

They sell roast beef in gravy at my local frozen goods store, so I would say yes.

Yes, it will be fine.

Absolutely yes if you're refrigerating it for five or six days. If you plan on freezing it, use the water displacement method for forcing air out of the freezer zipper bags. You open a small space in the zipped bag and submerge it in water up to the zipper, then close the open space. Water pressure will have forced all of the air out of the bag and you can freeze it in an oxygen free environment.

I package foods using a vacuum pump and sealer system (Food Saver). Same or better result, as the bag is heat sealed, and the air is pumped out.

To learn more about water displacement, search for the method in the Sous Vide section.

• audrey

Yes it'll be fine. Just don't leave it out any longer than that.