Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

Is the “engine cooling fan” the same as the “cooling fan assembly”? ?

This may seem like a very stupid question but I don’t know anything about cars and would really like some help understanding.

About 7 months ago I had to replace the “cooling fan assembly” on my 2015 Jeep Renegade because it was making a lot of noise. Last week we got a letter stating that the “engine cooling fan” that originally came with the jeep was being recalled. It did state that if I had already paid for that repair then I could request a reimbursement. I’m just not sure if it’s the same thing or if it’s completely different.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Apply for the refund. Don't worry about the language or terminology.

You will get it.

• don r
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Go on and apply for a refund without arguing about what words are used for the same thing.

• 4 weeks ago

Sometimes the word "fan" just refers to the fan blades. The "assembly" would be the fan blades, the mounting hard ware and a clutch if there is one.

• 4 weeks ago

Submit your receipt and get paid.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

good suggestion; also, the place may have a record of the repair on file; maybe cooling fan refers to the airconditioning/heater circulation and engine cooling fan refers to engine & radiator air circulation, which case they may replace it: places often retain records for recall service on a vehicle

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Make the claim. It sounds like they will reimburse OK.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes if you still have the receipt you can turn the receipt in and they will reimburse you for the engine fan cooling unit

• 4 weeks ago

Engine Cooling Fan sounds like one piece of metal.

Cooling Fan Assembly might be that fan, plus a housing or some bushings.

If they are offering to give you some money, tell them what you did and ask for the money. The worst they can do is say "no".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.