Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 months ago

Is something wrong with my stomach/intestines?

A few weeks ago my doctor gave me stuff for constipation and it took a few days to work. A week or two later i had to go back because i was constipated again and that took 4 days to work. Now it’s been almost about 5-7 days since i had a bowel movement and I’m starting to wonder if something is wrong with my stomach/intestines.

I would see a specialist that deals in digestive problems to be sure there is not a problem. It could be any number of things from eating too much fiber to drinking too little water. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be caused by one of the meds I am taking.

• mokrie

Most likely something is wrong with what you eat. If you don't eat enough fiber, and eat lots of doughy food like pasta and pizza you will get constipated. You need more fruits on a daily basis. An apple a day REALLY does keep the doctor away. Peaches & plums are good too. Drink prune juice also. Food is the cause of lots of problems and it's the source of lots of cures for them.

• Ash

You may have intestinal obstruction. You should get pain in the abdomen. Don't you? You need to go back to the doctor. Maybe you need endoscopy to investigate

You need to exercise, eat high fiber foods, drink plenty of water. Milk of Magnesia daily should keep you regular. Medications can be constipating.

maybe you have irritable bowl disease