Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Hot air coming from car vents?

I do not have the air/ heat on in the car yet sometimes as I'm driving, really hot air comes out of the vents. It scares me as if my engine is burning or something but the temperature gauge on the dashboard always stays from cool - medium. What is this? Is my car ok?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

Put the climate control air intake on recirculate and go for a ride over 50 mph ad see if you still feel heat.

Always check the coolant level in the radiator, not just the reservoir tank.

If every thing is ok with the coolant level you may have a bad blend door actuator that is not controlling the temperature properly.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Sounds like road heat coming in, if the weather is hot that will happen if your vents are open.  Close your vents!

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Make sure that everything is off, AC, heater, and fan. Next, check to see if the vents are in the open or closed position. If they are open, it means that as you drive, outside air is entering through the vents. And since that air has to pass through the engine compartment first, which is obviously very hot, it feels warm.

• 1 month ago

Sounds like the heater gate is stuck on open and every once in awhile air flows through and you feel the heat so fix the gate

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You may have your the ac button off but the heat knob still turned up to the max. If you engine temp guage is low then you know your engine is not overheating.

• 1 month ago

Please ask a question.

• Erik
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Is my car OK? is the question, don't be a dick

• Kevin
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

if you have the hea on, but the fan off, you will still get hot or warm air, more so if it is hot or warm outside. double check the setting of your temperature knob.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.