I I have a possessive ex friend who wont stop stalking and harassing me. How shall I report him?

This guy I was friends with throughout childhood years and school has turned toxic over the recent years while finishing University. He was threatening, abusive and extremely manipulative. He use to force me to skip classes and do what he told me to. If I refused, he would be very abusive and both verbally and physically. He tried to take full control of my life. After he became abusive to my family, I told him to leave me alone and my family so I blocked him on all communication methods both via phone and internet. I moved away for two years and during this time he had been stalking me on my road while away. He knows I’m back with my family and he has tried following me everywhere I go. He stays parked on top of my road on a frequent basis. Recently his been sending people to watch my home from both the back and front entrances. His even chased me coming out of the gym the other day. This has gone too far now.

If I report him to the police for stalking and harassment, what action can they take against him? A warning will not help as his a trouble maker. His always mis behaved through school and didn’t even pass anything in school. His always been a bully. I’m afraid he may send someone to hurt me. How can police stop him from stalking/harassing me? What action is best to take against him? I have to give an statement this week but what would to say. I’m worried it make make things worse as his a violent individual.

4 Answers

  • .
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    Great story, Scrappy.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    not sure where you are located but if you are in the US, you call the police and tell them someones harassing you or following you, they'll most likely turn you away and laugh behind your back. Best way to deal with this is

    Get some pictures if possible, not just one but multiple

    If you can, put some cameras outside of your home

    After you have some evidence (text, calls, recordings and photos)

    Go to the police department and tell them you want to file a restraining order

    This way, after the restraining order passes, and you catch him on your camera, he will definitely go to jail

    Sourse: Ties with the Local Police Department

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

    i would talk to the police about it

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

    just call the police


    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.