Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 3 weeks ago

Why do I get sick every time I eat, no matter how much I eat nor what I eat?

It's been happening for a little over a year now. I feel like I'm going to throw up but I never do and I always end up needing to go to the bathroom right after whether I went beforehand or not.

I'm an 18-year-old woman and I take Abilify 15mg and Wellbutrin 300mg XL for mental health issues. I also am on Stelara (autoimmune suppressant) as of February 2019 and have been on autoimmune suppressants (previously Humira) since January 2018 (for psoriasis).

I also always have slightly elevated test results regarding my liver functions.

I just got prescribed Prilosec for indigestion, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.I got an ultrasound of my gut as well last year and everything was clear. Can anyone narrow anything down from all this information?

• YKhan

Try doing an experiment one day, and eat only certain kinds of food one at a time, and wait to see if they produce the symptoms. Initially, just test it out based on the 4 basic food groups: meat, vegetables, dairy, and grains. So for example, if you eat hamburgers, split it up into its components and eat only one of them at time, and wait in between. Eat the meat in the burger only, with no bun or condiments. Then try only the bun with no meat or condiments, then try the condiments alone, etc. One of those ingredients might causing this problem. Usually, people only have an allergy to one type of food, but not everything, but because they are eating everything mixed up together, they don`t know which one is causing the issue. Then you can test within each group, like different kinds of meat: chicken, beef, fish, etc. Often it`s usually lactose intolerance, or gluten intolerance. On rarer occasions it`s allergies to meats or vegetables. Note down which foods affect you and how, and then take the results to your doctor and tell them which foods you`re finding bad for you.

you need to ask your doctor this question

i would go see your doctor and get it checked out

• Mr. P

Try restricted and boring diet for a few days and see if it affects things. Either you are intolerant of some foods or your gut has lost the bacterial balance it needs.

Double check for side effects of all the medication you are on.

Some studies are suggesting that wheat sprayed with roundup and used in Bread may have long term effects that organic bread does not seem to produce.