Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

is it true that bible say if man doesn't work he shouldn't eat?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

I guess it depends on the translation. The passage means if a person doesn't want to work. It's not addressing people who cannot work.

• 4 weeks ago

OMG I'm going to die! xD

• 4 weeks ago

2 Thessalonians 3:10 - "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." (The Apostle Paul to the Church of Thessaloniki)

• David
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

THAT APPLY'S ONLY TO MEN WHOM CAN WORK AND WONT. JBY

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes it does say that in the Bible but disabled men are a different case

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

God is pure evil.

• Mattie
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

In relation to doing what is good and right in God's eyes, such as feeding the poor, caring for the sick, the elderly, and children - basically loving and caring for your fellow man - yes. Failing to do this kind of work makes man unworthy of a reward.

From the bullshit ideas of people in power using scripture to promote modern day slavery where the rich are made richer and the poor poorer, no. 

• 4 weeks ago

True.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 says "For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat."

• Dennis Sagt
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

My NRSV says "... Anyone unwilling to work..." My guess is you have a older translation. Notice your translation says "will not," not "cannot." "Will" can also express desire as in "Do what you will, (want)."

• Donald
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

actually yes......

want the verse?

*ask*

• 1 month ago

No but it true tho

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.