How do you handle being scolded at work? Especially when you have been embarrassed?

This is my first "real job" since graduating college. I've been scolded before at previous jobs but never to this extent.

Last week, a mistake was made. I didn't actually make the mistake but I was involved in it.

When I realized what happened I apologized to my boss and owned up to the mistake since I was involved.

The next day, my boss said that this was an embarrassment to the division. He said this to in front of me, the co-worker who made the mistake and another co-worker who just happened to be to be there.

Then the following day, I heard him down the hall speaking to another co-worker or co-workers that this was an embarrassment to the division, it made the division seem unprofessional and every time a mistake is made he has to create a new policy in which he had no time to do.

Not to mention he told every manager about the mistake. I'm assuming now there will be some policy in place or training in place because of this.

In my opinion the mistake was made because of a lack of communication between the managers and the staff. So it was an honest mistake.

During the entire exchange there was no, its okay or don't worry about it lets handle it, or don't stress out about it. It was pretty much its your fault so try to fix it.

How do you handle a situation like this? How can I grow thicker skin in situations like this?

You handle this kind of situation by accepting that it's unpleasant right now, but in a few days it won't be a hot topic any more.

• `

Don't talk to your boss. Instead, analyze what happened and correct it.

• GEEGEE

The good thing is that it sounds like any new procedures will make communication better, to stop mistakes before they happen. Use this as a lesson learned and vow never to repeat what happened in this instance. Your boss too at one time was a newbie and more than likely was in a similar spot, like most everyone.

At least the blame was not all put on you. The best thing would be to be ultra careful about not making mistakes, even if it slows you down.

I think the boss didn't want to take all the blame, either, so he talked about it to other people as well. Actually, this could end up reflecting badly on him, too. Just keep your nose clean, and don't talk about the problem to anyone else at work.

• Bill

your boss needs a lesson on employee management as he is not a fit boss at present

the correct approach was to address you in private and get to the facts. Then to address each other involved in private to get the facts

Then to work out who is telling the truth and to sack the liars. He then gets you in private and admonishes or praise your actions

Remember that what you do in a workplace seldom reflects on the company or section

Change your perspective.

Right not you are focused on being blamed and potentially ridiculed for your error within the company by word of the mistake spreading through the company. And maybe a bit angry that you didn't get a pat on the back with someone telling you to try harder in the future like you did at jobs in your younger years.

But if you ease up on yourself, your boss, and everyone else you can come to realize that none of us are perfect and nothing has changed. You still have your job and everyone at work is still counting on you in the same way as they did before you made the mistake. While mistakes are often negative they all serve to teach us and work to avoid them in the future. That is why there is a policy change each time one is made. If you didn't make such changes everyone would be destined to repeat the mistake.

Changing your perspective will thicken your skin, but you may also want to change your approach. Instead of seeking forgiveness maybe you should spearhead how to change the company policy to prevent it from happening again, especially if your boss doesn't have time to do so alone further validating your important role within the company (which will get around too).

i would just try not to worry about it, noone is perfect

Report him to HR.

You don't deserve that treatment. Your boss is being extremely unprofessional.

Start making passive income so you don't have to deal with other people's rudeness.

This website has so much resources to help you make money.

It has helped me tremendously.

https://eebzy.com

https://eebzy.com/2019/10/14/financial-independenc...

Stop Trading Your Time For Money.

FREE E-book Reveals 7 Ways To Success While You Sleep!

The More You Learn, The More You Earn!

Download Today!

https://forms.aweber.com/form/31/119576931.htm

It must have been a big mistake for your boss to carry on like that. You apologised, you know you aren't really to blame. Yes, it is upsetting for you, but you have to accept it for what it is, calm down and continue with your job the best you know how.

It's difficult to say without knowing what actually happened. In general, when you're wrong you're wrong, and you should expect people to be upset about it. I might help to remember that the person complaining has screwed up at some point, too. Everybody does.