Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Is there a professional plumber out there, who can answer my question?

I finished eating a pot of chili last week, and had some leftover stuff in the pot. Foolishly, I tried pouring the stuff down the drain, and now I have a heavy clog in my kitchen sink. Could you tell me what is the best way to get rid of the clog?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

toilet plunger in the kitchen sink and get it moving.  Have sink full of water so any that gets past the plunger lubricates and pushes down on the "dump".

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well, that's a lesson learned. I won't pile on about that.

The plunger answer is a good one. If you can get it moving at all with the plunger, you'll probably be able to get it all going. Once that's done, flush the toilet a few times to help shove it the rest of the way to the sewer.

If the plunger can't move it, take the P-trap off the sink (have a bucket under there to catch the water that spills out) and get in there with a drain snake and auger it out.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can start with a plumber's snake. But you'll likely have to remove the pipe at the u bend to clear it out of there.

• 2 months ago

Detergent poured into the sink may clear the block.

Incidentally, detergent poured into blocked toilets often works as well.

Never throw away food down the sink. It blocks it, as you now know.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take the bend off under the sink and clear it out

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.