Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Got 2 periods from plan b last month but I’m a week late this month &  I did have sex during my ovulation day after the plan b am I pregnant?

Update:

It was a very personal situation that I needed therapy for but thank you guys for the judgemental comments.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You did not have two periods.  You had breakthrough bleeding which might seem like a period but it isn't.  Breakthrough bleeding is any bleeding that happens when a period is not due or not expected.  Plan B is a very common cause of breakthrough bleeding.  A period is what happens about two weeks after ovulation happens.  You did not ovulate twice last month.

You would not know when ovulation would happen after plan B.  Plan B DELAYS ovulation which makes knowing the next date of ovulation IMPOSSIBLE unless you are taking time to track symptoms and BBT - which is unlikely since you are not actively trying to become pregnant - or you wouldn't have used plan B.

A pregnancy test is accurate when it has been at least 20 days after sex since you really don't know when to expect a period after plan B messes up your cycle for one to two months.  

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Two periods in one month after you take Plan B isn't too unusual. Did you read the warnings that came with Plan B before you took it? The hormones in Plan B can cause all sorts of irregularities in your menstrual cycle, sometimes for as long as up to 2 months after you take it.

If you took Plan B the day after you ovulated, it didn't do a thing to prevent pregnancy, and you MIGHT have gotten pregnant. Plan B helps to prevent pregnancy by delaying the onset of ovulation by about one week. It can't "delay" what is already in the process of occurring or has already occurred.

If it's been at least 4 weeks since you took Plan B, then take a pregnancy test in a doctor's office. Don't take a home-pregnancy test; and don't "wait" to see if your period is late. At this point, you now have no way of knowing when to expect your next period..

• helene
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Well, YES, you might be. Of course. Since you did the thing that makes babies.

That doesn't mean you ARE, though, so take a test.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you took plan b how on earth would you know when you ovulated?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

either plan b messed up your cycle or you are pregnant. Which do you chose ? the pleasure is yours.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Wait and see.........

• 4 weeks ago

So you took plan b because you didn't want to risk pregnancy and less than a month later you decided to try to get pregnant?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Y’all are rude asf. The directions in Plan B say that your period should be regular again the next month and mine went back to regular after a month. Love it’s best to just consult your doctor about it and don’t worry about judgemental people.

• 4 weeks ago

You took Plan B, and then you had sex again without any form of birth control?

Yes, that's a really popular way to become pregnant.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, you are highly uneducated. Read about plan b and how it screws you up for a couple of months most of the time. Please don't have children! Thank you!

Update: You are the one asking the personal question on an open website full of complete strangers that will answer your question as we choose. Why are you taking answers from people who don't know you, so personal? If you can't handle answers given, then maybe dont ask!!

The answer to your question is TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.