If there was other intelligent life in the universe why haven t we seen other technological singularities?

I imagine a technological singularity as the rate of growth to be at the speed of light, spreading across the universe.

If there are other technologically advance civilizations out there then there must have been many tech singularities and I am sure we would have seen this if it was happening.

What do you think?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

The Prime Directive makes it a crime to let their existence be known to such primitive species as we.

• 3 weeks ago

we are barely evolved froggies on the shores of a vast ocean,just left our lilypads,after many hours of laborious jumps,arrive at the seashore,,and behold,another huuge water pond that conjures up in our green noggins,

a need for a 200 mph jet ski,when it took the troupe 5 moons to travel a hundred frogjumps,from where we are the boys cannot jump high enough to see 300 froglegs out to the sea

me oh my what are we gonna do?

• 3 weeks ago

Well scientifically speaking they could actually be wayyyy shorter or wayyy taller than us due to the atmospheric pressure in their planets. Or they could even have weir eyes like in the movies because of the difference in their distance form their mayor stars.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, have you played Fallout New Vegas?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

The universe is still pretty young relatively speaking. It could be that those that CAN see us just don't want to interact with us, or more likely, they are also in the same boat as us in terms of technology. They might be sending out radio waves into space for the hopes that one day we will hear it. It seems like we are alone for now, but I believe we are not alone in this GIANT universe.

• 3 weeks ago

Even if there is other life - intelligent or not - out there, which isn't impossible, per se, but not necessarily likely, it is very far away. Only recently has anyone at all been able to see another planet outside OUR solar system, and it is a very low chance, mathematically speaking, that life even has a possibility of surviving on any other planet.

• Angela3 weeks agoReport

You don't know that. Other life forms probably don't require the same things we do in order to survive.

• 3 weeks ago

If there is other intelligent life out there, still on his Root like we because we need to many lightyears to get in the closer sun, if this life is smart than us they still can not breack the speed of life, no physical material can and that is why i can not believe in Aliens.

• 3 weeks ago

Many possible reasons;

They intentionally isolated us

They havent found us yet

Alien tech is here but we dont recognize it

• 3 weeks ago

If they even exist 'out there', they are so far away, we will never have evidence of their existence. Likewise, they will never know we exist.

• 3 weeks ago

There is loads of time for it to happen yet

Attachment image
    Source(s): Happy Thanksgiving
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.