ankle still hurting after broke  and sprained?

I broke my ankle 3 years ago and then I ended up spraining in just in July but now sometimes, it gets really swollen out of nowhere and aches really badly, i was just wondering why it does that? sometimes it even hurts to walk on it and I can’t put pressure without being in pain. 

Tavy is right, it takes months and more for a sprain to stop being an issue.

And because you're favoring it, you're also at risk of a spontaneous stress fracture.

(I speak from experience)

What really helped me was physical therapy. Is this available to you? It's worth looking into! Good luck

• Tavy

When you have a sprain you damage the ligaments. It takes longer than a break to heal. The ankle never really recovers its strength, and it's easy to sprain it again. I know from experience. When it feels weak you should wear an ankle support as I do.

You could have an infection that causes pain randomly. I suggest you see a doctor before this infection stretches around your body.