Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

If you lie to a recruiter on whether you're on any psychiatric meds, does it have consequences?

it's not me i swear, just wanna know

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

If they find out before the person enlists (because you sign over permission to access medical records), then the person will just be eliminated from the process.

If they find out after the person enlists, then they can be court martialed for false enlistment.  At best, they will just get a general discharge. At worst, they will have a federal conviction and possible a BCD.

• 4 weeks ago

Oddly once you are inducted they don't need your permission to access your medical records. There are many exceptions to the privacy rule actually specified in HIPPA. One is that "any military authority" can access your protected health information without your consent if you are in the service. Other oddball exceptions include, Secret Service, Social Security, and a Funeral Director. This last one makes sense if you think about it.

• 4 weeks ago

Lying on any federal document is against the law..... specifically a felony.

BTW, your signature on the application you sign when going into the military gives the military permission to access and see any information ever created about you.

• 4 weeks ago

it might if they find out

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

TROLL...........................

• 4 weeks ago

They don’t look at your medical history unless you tell them or it comes up somehow.

When I did BCT a kid lied about having had open heart surgery.

Then he started experiencing chest pains.

He fesses up and got sent home with first sgt threatening legal action

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If the military gets your medical records and they can they will see the meds and like the fellow already said you will be on a bus back home within days. Happened to a relative of mine

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

joining the military is about having honor . lying means you have none .

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Yes. Lying to a federal agent, including military recruiters, is a crime.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, it does.

Because at some point you WILL have a medical test, or someone will notice your meds.

And they'll find out to lied, and you'll be kicked out immediately.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.