Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

If God is three beings united as one and we are made in God's image, does that give us trinity like qualities as well?

Body, mind and soul which makes up man is similar to Son, Father and Holy Spirit which makes up God.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

1) If God is three beings united as one

He is not.

God is one being.

Classic English phraseology actually reads

- "...one in being..."

2) and we are made in God's image, does that give us trinity like qualities as well?

Not necessarily.

That's like saying: "If a metal figuring is made in the image of a whale, does that give the metal figurine the qualities of being alive and swimming?"

• Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The "trinity" is not actually biblical in nature but lime much presented by man an interpretation by man.

• 2 months ago

If marriage is "two and yet one" then that thinking is reasonable.

• 2 months ago

That would explain many Napolean complexes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

We have a body of flesh, a spirit, and a soul. Three separate and distinct things, yet only one person... So too God is three in one.

• 2 months ago

He's the Holy Trinity. It's hard to explain, but since aside from already being non-corporeal in form and therefore not bound by the laws of the Universe like we humans are, He's also completely formless, metaphysical, abstract and therefore immeasurably above us all, which means God is simply much too complex for even the finest, most intelligent angel to understand. And angelic intellect is immeasurably above even the maximum human intellect.

• Gourry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Id, ego and superego. Yup, I fit the bill.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

maybe thats where multiple personality disorder comes from.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yup me, myself & I!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.