Can i give my 3 year old maple syrup?

Because i am making pancakes i want to know if i can give her maple syrup on her pancakes

Maple syrup is not a problem. The only sweetener that has restrictions is honey and it is not to be given to children/infants under the age of 1.

• Tavy

Really ? Never heard of that in the ?U.K., why?

No, your child will get cancer from that High fructose corn syrup, he could die.

• denise

I should think so, but just a little, dont get her too fond of it, too much sweet foods can rot teeth in small children.

Don't give her to much of it

• John P

In Britain the classic thing with pancakes is freshly-squeezed lemon juice and a little sugar. I guess you must be Canadian. But anyway, no problem either way for a 3-year-old.

• Cara

Agreed, that's the very best way, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of sugar. But I think the US "pancakes" are different from British ones, aren't they?

Mix the maple syrup into the batter, then fry the pancakes.

• Cara

As with all sweet things, only a very, very little. Don't let her get addicted to sweet stuff.

Why not ?

• Kid Mohawk

They used to advise against it because of botulism. But that's long in the past at this point.

If you want to it will not hurt her. She may make a mess with with it.

Yes, it is considered safe for children above 12 months.