Can i give my 3 year old maple syrup?

Because i am making pancakes i want to know if i can give her maple syrup on her pancakes

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

Maple syrup is not a problem. The only sweetener that has restrictions is honey and it is not to be given to children/infants under the age of 1.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Really ? Never heard of that in the ?U.K., why?

• 4 weeks ago

No, your child will get cancer from that High fructose corn syrup, he could die.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I should think so, but just a little, dont get her too fond of it, too much sweet foods can rot teeth in small children.

• 1 month ago

Don't give her to much of it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In Britain the classic thing with pancakes is freshly-squeezed lemon juice and a little sugar. I guess you must be Canadian. But anyway, no problem either way for a 3-year-old.

• Cara
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Agreed, that's the very best way, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of sugar. But I think the US "pancakes" are different from British ones, aren't they?

• 1 month ago

Mix the maple syrup into the batter, then fry the pancakes.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As with all sweet things, only a very, very little. Don't let her get addicted to sweet stuff.

• 1 month ago

Why not ?

• Kid Mohawk
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

They used to advise against it because of botulism. But that's long in the past at this point.

• 1 month ago

If you want to it will not hurt her. She may make a mess with with it.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it is considered safe for children above 12 months.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.