521 Australian soldiers died in the Vietnam War. Are you prepared to support their memory and say they died defending a valid cause?

they fought for their country and they have my greatest respect

Your only agenda for this question was to try and get a backlash on me and you failed once again, you have no respect for the fallen or veterans otherwise you would not of asked the question, you are a disgusting human being.

I will say it again, the soldiers who died in Vietnam died for no reason, it doesn't mean one doesn't respect and remember them as the great men they were, we were told we were fighting for a cause but were pulled out without finishing the job, the north defeated the South and now we are all friends, what a waste of good men, all for no reason.

you are so far removed from the Vietnam war that you don't understand the trauma that returned soldiers go through. the actual Australian casualty toll caused by the war would run into the thousands if you counted the suicides, and the sickness and disease caused by American pesticides such as Tim Fischer.

You are so far removed that you don't understand that the smell of the dead, the thud and sound of a bullet hitting a body, the dreams and nightmares stay with you for life.

You laugh and poke fun at PTSD sufferers, the reason you do that is because you are an idiot, a fool who has no idea or cares about life, you're an absolute fvckwit and your family must be the same or you would never have grown into the parasite you are.

so keep going keep the abuse going as it shows people what a scumbag you are, when I say I feel sorry for you I mean it, i would never want to be in your pathetic shoes..

• old timer

Are you that dense, the realisation that we should never have been there came about 30 years later, you really are a moron.

The Old Timer has done 50 years of hard work and is now reaping the benefits. The white man can't police the world. The Australian government wouldn't want to put a gun in my hands and tell me to fight someone else's war.

I certainly support their memories but you would have to ask the people who died whether they thought it was worth their lives or not.