Can I go to college , live on campus and have a job at the same time ? ?

I am a full time student (5 classes, 15 credits). I work full time (40-45 hours).

I pay my own tuition (aid helps a bit, but I pay like 2k myself), and I am very frugal because of this.

Despite this, I bought myself a car ($3600) in cash, am in my program honor society, and I am a member of club where I regularly go to club meetings.

It is indeed possible. But I am a workaholic, so I am not too sure if this is for everyone. But it is indeed possible.

Yes. It's much easier if you have good control on your preferred class times and working hours at the time you register your classes. If you can schedule your classes to fall one after the other and be done by 12pm, you have the rest of the evening to work a shift then do an hour or two of homework before bed. Plenty of people make it work, you just have to be disciplined enough with time management. My advice would be to try and find a job on campus, they are much more likely to be understanding of your class schedule and other commitments.

Yes, do what you need to do.

• juliet

Yes. I, and many other people do it. I actually work two jobs; one as a tutor (on campus), and one as a daycare assistant teacher. I’ve maintained straight As so far this semester. As a nursing major.

You MAY.  

1. Whether or not you are able to live on campus depends on the housing crunch and rules at the specific university.  Most universities guarantee campus housing for freshman who are full-time students.  After that, it just depends on what's available.

2. A part-time student may not be eligible for campus housing.  That's something to check with the university.

3. Lots and lots of students work part-time while attending college either full- or part time.  The university doesn't care what you do with your personal time.  They do care whether or not you pass your classes.  Only you can judge whether or not you are able to do well in school and work at the same time.

4.  It is very difficult, but not impossible for a student to work full-time and go to college full0time.  One issue is that it would be very difficult to take day classes every day and still work 40 hours a week. In addition, working that much would make it difficult to do the out-of-class studying and homework expected at a university.   

• drip

Plenty of student do that.

A job on campus will work around your class hours. Many businesses around the campus who employ college student will work around your class schedule. Just give them you new schedule for the next semester as soon as you have it.

Living on campus doesn’t prevent you from working.

You sure can. I am a freshman living on campus. My roommate has a job on campus. He works in one of the dining centers and cleans dishes. If you work on campus, they look at your class schedule and base your work schedule off that. It can come out a bit untraditional though. I know students who work a quick morning shift, go to class and then work another quick night shift. So you could end up working to shorter shifts in the same day. At least this is how it works where I go (Western Michigan).

yes but at some colleges class times differ each semester so it can be a challenge. I think most colleges hire many of their students part time too to gain "experience" in their related field or just to work at like the library or cafe

Yes, lots of people do it

• Jay

um yeah thats pretty obvious. there are literally millions of people on the planet doing exactly that.