Viv asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Is it true you eat eight spiders very night?

How do I eat more

No, that is one of the oldest of myths and misconceptions about spiders, and there are lots.

Rare for a spider to cross your bed at night, much less crawl into one of the most uninhabitable places for a spider. Camping, I woke with a spider on my face, he just went on his way. No where near my mouth or nose.

Not that it matters, spiders are one of the edible bugs but if you are going to eat them, you got to put them into your mouth.

How to eat more? maybe like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yek6wTeLw9o

Youtube thumbnail

Cambodians like their spiders and roaches fried.

It may be true for you, but not for a vast majority of people. To eat more, you have to find them first or buy them. Make sure you cook them before eating.

• MARK

That is not true. If you see a spider anywhere gently blow on it and it will scuttle away. They do this if a draught of air strikes them. If your mouth is open while you re asleep air will come out of it with each exhalation. This will drive spiders away from your mouth.

That is a myth... and the figures for that myth are not "every night," but I can't remember what it actually is.

It's not that many so even if it were true... 

Note that the FDA allows a certain amount of insect parts into foods that it has deemed harmless/impossible to control... such as in canned soups...

I think... I THINK Kosher items don't allow them at all or at least vastly reduce what is allowed. 

• Rick

no, silly, I FEED 8 every night !!!

Thats just a myth. You think spiders crawl into your mouth at night?