Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Salad Dressings? If you were blindfolded, could you tell the differences between store bought salad dressings and homemade salad dressings?

If so, How could tell the differences? The more specific the better. Thanks.

Absolutely I could!

I know what REAL FOODS TASTE LIKE. Good grief.. When you know how a food should taste, it's pretty simple to identify when it's full of chemicals, fillers and preservatives..

Probably. I stopped buying bottled salad dressing over 30 years ago. All of them had the same distinct underlying taste, though I don't know what it was from. It wasn't really a bad taste but if you have four different kinds of dressing and they all taste about the same, why bother with them?

I don't find the same problem with home made dressings.

Without the acidic preservatives real salad creams are much more mellow. They are after all just that, cream and some spices. Maybe oil or vinegar. Not lactic and citric acid.

What's disturbing is when you leave store bought, shelf stable dressing on a plate overnight, it becomes this bizarre sheet you can just about pick up in one piece, eww..