Cap'n Cook asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

How to get my kitten to stop attacking?

So my siamese kitten is 5 1/2 months old, and he is still attacking. I know siamese are jerks but...? Anyway, I use spray bottle, tapping him on the nose, saying no, using a dog clicker, but nothing works! PLEASE HELP!!! S.O.S

If you react in shock when you get scratched you will be giving the cat what it wants so act like his scratching is getting him no where eventually he will get the hint and stop.

Stop calling your no breed a domestic a Siamese.

• Laura

He isn't attacking you, he is playing with you like he would play with another cat. Cats have fur to protect their skin from teeth and claws. You don't, so it hurts more than he thinks it does.

He is bored, so play with him and he still stop trying to play with you like this. Get a feather on a string type of toy and really get him up and moving to get his energy out.

punishing him won't do anything to help the situation, and using a clicker is only good in training him to do tricks, not when he is playing with you like this.

what a fcking idiot u are. your cat is not a jerk and he is not attacking, he is playing with u.

• Ocimom

Sounds like the kitten has a lot of energy. Do you have any other pets in the house (another cat or dog) that the kitten can run and play with? Are you allowed more then one cat where you live?

Kittens under 8 months do better in pairs so they have someone to chase and play with. I'm assuming he's neutered - if not - get him done NOW. And consider getting another kitten (about 3-4 months old) that is neutered or spayed as a companion so your kitten has someone other then you to play with.

• Cap'n Cook1 month agoReport

He is neutered, I got him as a companion for our depressed cat. There is him, the depressed cat, a Maine coon, a tabby, and a black and white cat. But most of them choose to ignore him. 

• Maxi

All the things you are doing are aggressive and that will encourage the kitten to also be aggressive...so cat tree, lots of playing daily with 'toy on stick' toys so the kittens energy is targeted on the toy and not you ...... this kitten has lots of energy which is not being used in positive play and it knows it gets attention when it targets you regardless of if your attention is negative or not

He's "attacking" you? Then he's being the vigorous young cat which he is, and is playing. He doesn't realise he's hurting you (if he is), he's acting like he would with a sibling or playmate. Don't try to punish him by tapping his nose, using a spray bottle or whatever, he won't associate that with what he's done. When he does it, just lift him away with a firm "No" and get on with what you were doing, and do this exactly the same each time. He'll get the message eventually. And play with him from time to time. He'll learn how he CAN play with you.

When my cat was little, she would attack my ankles haha. When she grew up she didn’t attack me anymore, so just time. Remember, it’s a baby and is playful.

Pick it up by its little paws and slam it on the wall. Lol.

Just kidding, dont do that. Lol

• Cap'n Cook1 month agoReport

Yeah.... I don't really wanna pay that vet bill bro. Lol

Let it be . His attacking is not hurtful but funny . Right ?

• Cap'n Cook1 month agoReport

He sinks his teeth in then tries to rip a chunk outta your hand. Yeah, it's hillarious.