The 1st Chick-fil-A in UK to shut down in six months. Why? Because protesting LGBTQ people see it as anti-gay. Who's side are YOU on?

Chick fil A is phenomenal, and I do disagree with how they’re “anti-gay.” But, it doesn’t stop me from liking their restaurant. Whether they support LGBT or not, it won’t change whether I like the restaurant or not.

• Cogito

I'm from the town where they set up and are closing down.

I wouldn't have gone there anyway, as any company which backs 'gay conversion' camps is abhorrent.

And the name wouldn't have worked here either - everyone is confused and pronounces it "chick filler", as we don't pronounce the word 'fillet' as the Americans do. We say 'fill-ett".

I think it was totally wonderful that that happened. You can't get away with representing yourself as founded on a religion of love and go around being overtly homophobic.

• Chick fil a all the way.

Source(s): Bi

Six months???

That is because the mall owners have decided they dont want such behaviour in their mall.

I have never read a single report that Chick-fil-a stores or their staff discriminate against anyone in any manner. It's strictly the owner and founder who chooses to spend his own money trying to block gay rights policies and for laws banning same-sex marriage. Misguided protests and boycots only put innocent people out of work and send the wrong message about LGBTQ people and their supposed tolerance for opposing beliefs.

• Alexander

They were hardly any kind of "majority", just a gang of self-righteous hooligans disrupting businesses at the mall who should have been arrested. That isn't just spending their money as they see fit. See George Will's recent column on runaway, hypocritical progressivism.

• Sky

I will never give that company even one cent of my money considering they donate money to support anti-gay hate groups, and after they were called out for it and they claimed to stop supporting those groups, the company and its owners continued to secretly funnel money to those hate groups.

I'm an LGBTQ vegetarian so I'm not on Chick Fil A's side. Chick-fil-a is more of a southern or backwater town thing. Not many locations pop up in liberal cities like where I live.

• abcdef

Yes, they opened in Canada too. Hopefully they won't last long - the cuisine isn't exactly "haute".

If you knew the first thing about Chick-fil-A management, you would realize that the LGBT community sees their ownership for exactly what they have proven themselves to be, **** and transphobic.

• Elizabeth

And suicide rates are higher within the LGBT community as well. Even people who know better, do things against their own self interest.