Will I get drunk?

This is my first time drinking legally and I have 4 beers waiting for me. They are all 4.2% alc. I’m 170lb 5’11 and I want to know if this will get me drunk. (consider the fact i’ve only drank once in my life)

• Huh?

You'll probably get somewhat tipsy but not falling-down drunk.

In how short a time will you be downing them? Time is the key element. If you pound down all four, one after the other, in an hour's time, you will be legally intoxicated from the time you finish the last one until about three hours after you downed the second. Four hours after you finished the final beer you should have just about metabolized all of the alcohol.

You'll definitely be inebriated/impaired, so plan not to drive.  It takes about an hour to process one beer'sd worth of alcohol, so plan on 4 hours after before driving, or even cycling, or even trying to think too much.  Best to drink them at home, & go to bed afterwards.

Don't try to hero your way through numbers of beers or how drunk you feel, or keeping up with others.  If you're partway through #2 or #3 & you feel you're done, then quit.  If friends bug you to keep going, just stand firm that you're done. You feel great & who wants the last beer(s).

People have literally died from going part their limit on their first or second time drinking.  So be aware of how you're feeling.  Enough is definitely enough.  If you're feeling good, great, but if it's going from good to bad, get hyperaware, & slow down lots, or stop even.

ALSO: to avoid huge headache with hangover, drink an equal amount, or more of cold water.  You might be nauseated in the morning, because of the sugars in the beers.  I've been drinking for over 40 years, & never had a hangover.

I've drank tyhe minimum to get a buzz, I've drank just a couple, for the taste & socalizing, & I've pounded down a dozen Canadian beers (over 5% each! My faves for taste are 8%)

Source(s): I know my limit and stay within it.
  • dunny

You don't need drink to have a good time . drinking bores me now and I never drink during the day

Note: You do know that you don't HAVE TO drink all 4 beers.  You can still enjoy by getting buzzed but not drunk.  And please have a designated driver or drink at home.

Depends on a few factors...how fast you drink them, empty stomach/hydrated. Typically over a few hours you may feel it a little bit but shouldn’t be drunk lol

• Bill

if they are schooners , you will get very drunk

Yes that would make you drunk,I recommend for your safety to only drink the drinks that are close stiffly with a lid and only to drink 8fl onces for now max (10fl onces).

i would hopenot and i wouldnt drink so much

Depends on how quickly you drink them.